AWE Exhaust Suite for Stock Catalyst
Meet the perfected B9 S5 soundtrack.
- Max gains of 16 hp and 17 ft-lbs of torque at the crank (exhaust)
- Max gains of 23 hp and 27 ft-lbs of torque at the crank (catalyst)
- Available as sophisticated Touring Edition, unleashed Track Edition, and valved SwitchPath™
- Touring Edition Exhausts features AWE’s proprietary drone-canceling solution, 180 Technology®
- SwitchPath™ Exhaust can be controlled with optional handheld remote, or factory valve programming
- Downpipes and precision-engineered x-pipe included in all editions
- Specifically engineered downpipe resonators for use with the catalyst available separately
- Performance Catalyst features a precision CNC-machined billet T304 stainless steel flange, and 145mm 200CPSI EURO6 HJS HD catalyst with tri-lobe core
- Compatible with standard and sport differentials
- 90mm or 102mm double-walled tips available in chrome silver or diamond black, and coming soon: AWE carbon fiber tips
- Proudly engineered, designed, and manufactured in-house at AWE, in the USA
- Less is more: clean, straight-through design maximizes performance
- Handcrafted from dual 2.5” CNC mandrel-bent U.S.-sourced .065” wall T304L stainless steel
- Direct bolt-on system, factory-like install simplicity
- Perfect fitment - guaranteed
- No Check Engine Light - guaranteed
- Featuring the AWE Lifetime Exhaust Warranty (one year on catalyst core)
A precision CNC-machined billet T304 stainless steel flange, massive 145mm 200CPSI EURO 6 HJS catalyst with tri-lobe core, and 2.5” T304L stainless steel make up the Performance Catalyst’s construction for high-flow decongestion and an additional 12 hp and 15 ft-lbs of torque to the wheels.
Performance Catalyst-specific downpipe resonators:
Given the increase of airflow with the Performance Catalyst, special resonators were developed to keep frequencies in check. Though they are not required to run the Performance Catalyst, we strongly recommend and encourage the use of these specific resonators when equipping the Performance Catalyst.
Downpipe Resonator Conversion Kit:
Have an existing AWE exhaust on your B9 and plan to add the AWE Performance Catalyst? No problem. The Performance Catalyst-specific downpipe resonators are available independently.
Touring Edition Exhaust
The best just got better.
Signature AWE howl, delivered. The Touring Edition is the sophisticated member of the B9 S5 exhaust family.
The Touring Edition Exhaust removes the factory valving and replaces it with AWE’s 180 Technology® drone-cancelling resonators (and electronic valve simulators). This solution provides for a perfect, signature AWE experience: civil within the cabin while cruising, yet all the pops and burbles during acceleration and downshifts.
The Touring Edition Exhaust comes complete with 180 Technology® resonators, a precision-engineered x-pipe, resonated downpipes, and your choice of 90 or 102mm tips in either diamond black or chrome silver.
Sound Perfection: AWE 180 Technology®
Perfect tone, compliments of AWE 180 Technology®.
As exhaust gases exit the 3.0T engine and flow into an AWE 180 Technology® equipped resonator, they pass through strategically located ports, and into reflection chambers. Sound waves, carried by these exhaust gasses, bounce off the walls of the reflection chambers. By controlling the size and location of the ports and the chambers, we also control when the sound waves exit the chambers.
The specific timing of when the reflected sound waves rejoin the main exhaust flow creates a one-hundred-and-eighty-degree out-of-phase sound wave that cancels out problematic frequencies. Cool, right? Learn more on AWE’s 180 Technology® in the tab above.
Track Edition Exhaust
For those who like it loud, go Track.
The Track Edition Exhaust is equipped with the same precision-engineering as its Touring Edition counterpart, minus the resonators up front and 180 Technology® resonators in the rear. Instead, the Track Edition comes complete with non-resonated downpipes and straight pipe sections -- leaving the integrated x-pipe as the only filter.
This version is known to get rowdy, and may be too much for many. For that reason, this particular version cannot be returned due to sound preference. Prepare yourself.
The SwitchPath™ valved solution is for those who want complete control of their S5’s volume and tone, at their fingertips.
The SwitchPath™ Exhaust comes complete with non-resonated downpipes, a precision-engineered x-pipe mid-section, and two valved muffler sections which can be controlled via the SwitchPath™ Remote.
Sneaking out in the morning? Keep the valve closed.
Ready to rumble? Open the valve and let them know you’re coming.
Note: we recommend and encourage pairing the SwitchPath™ Exhaust with the SwitchPath™ Remote versus using the factory operation for the best SwitchPath™ experience.
All tip options include the AWE logo, and double walling to ensure a mirror finish even under hard usage. All tips are individually adjustable, allowing depth into the bumper to be set according to personal taste.
- 102mm or 90mm diamond black tips
- 102mm or 90mm chrome silver tips
- Carbon fiber tips, coming soon
What’s in the box?
Complete SwitchPath™, Touring or Track Edition Edition Exhaust, four double-walled tips in chosen color and size, resonated or non-resonated downpipes, installation instructions, and required hardware.
SKU: 1325-11028, 3010-42062, 3010-43056, 3010-42064, 3010-43058, 3015-42086, 3015-43090, 3015-42088, 3015-43092, 3025-42036, 3025-43040, 3025-42038, 3025-43042, 3210-11016, 3815-11032, 3015-42116, 3015-43124, 3015-42118, 3015-43126, 3015-42120, 3015-43128, 3015-42122, 3015-43130, 3025-42054, 3025-43058, 3025-42056, 3025-43060
|Exhaust Tip Size||90mm|